In addition to any information that you choose to submit to us, we or selected third parties may use a variety of technologies that store or access information already stored on your personal computer, laptop, tablet, smart phone, or other electronic device whenever you visit or interact with our website.
The Information Collection Technologies
A few of the methods that may be used to store or access information already stored on your device include the following (and in the future other technology and methods may be developed and applied):
- Cookies — a cookie is a text file placed on a device when a user visits a website. Cookies can be temporary (e.g., session) or permanent (e.g., persistent). They can also be first party (e.g., placed by us) or third party (e.g., placed by a third party advertiser or advertisements server);
- Flash cookies — a Flash cookie (or locally shared object) is a data file placed on your device via the Adobe Flash plug-in that may be built-in to or downloaded by you to your device. This can operate across all your browsers;
- HTML5 — HTML5 cookies can be programmed through HTML5 local storage and do not require a plug-in; and
- ETag or entity tag— an opaque identifier assigned by a web server to a specific version of a resource found at a URL that acts as a form of device identifier.
Information About Why We Use These Technologies
We use the technologies above in order to deliver, measure, and improve our website in several ways, including:
- Authentication and Security
- To log you into your Account;
- to protect your security;
- to let you to view content with limited distribution; and
For example, these technologies help authenticate your login information and prevent unauthorized parties from accessing your account. They also let us show you appropriate content through our services.
- To remember information about your browser and your preferences.
For example, cookies help us remember your preferred language or the country that you are in. We can then provide you with content in your preferred language without having to ask you each time you visit the website.
- Analytics and Research
- To help us improve and understand how people use our services; and
- to review the functionality of individual pages.
For example, we may optimize and improve your experience by using cookies to see how you interact with our services, such as when and how often you use them and what links you click on. We may use Google Analytics to assist us with this.
- Personalized Content
- To customize our services with more relevant content.
- To help us deliver ads, measure their performance, and make them more relevant to you based on criteria like your preferences and visits to our ad partners’ websites.
Third-Party Collection of Information
We have provided you with information above about the types of third party information storage or gathering techniques on our website. This information does not apply to applications, technologies, or sites that are owned and/or operated by other parties (such as app developers, third party advertisers or third party ad servers), even if they use our technology to store or collect data. This includes third parties that embed our technology in their apps or advertisements to facilitate download tracking or advertisement serving.
Your Consent and Your Right to Refuse the Use of Information Collection Technologies
Regular cookies may generally be disabled or removed by tools that are available as part of most commercial browsers, and in some but not all instances can be blocked in the future by selecting certain settings. Each browser you use will need to be set separately and different browsers offer different functionality and options in this regard. These tools may not be effective with regard to Flash cookies or HTML5 cookies. For information on disabling Flash cookies go to Adobe’s website.
Please be aware that if you disable or remove these technologies some parts of our website will not work and that when you revisit our website your ability to limit cookies is subject to your browser settings and limitation.