- We at Science Nest Inc. respect the intellectual property of others and take the protection of intellectual property very seriously. Infringing upon others’ intellectual property will not be tolerated on this site, and we reserve the right to take any action that we think is necessary, in our absolute discretion, to address intellectual property infringement.
- We are under no obligation to monitor or moderate submitted content on the website, but we will not tolerate abusive, bigoted, defamatory, harassing, harmful, infringing, obscene, offensive, pornographic, racist, threatening, unlawful, vulgar or otherwise inappropriate content on the site. Any party that submits content of this kind will be subject to removal and any other action we think is necessary, in our absolute discretion.
- By using our Site you indemnify and hold us harmless against any and all damages, liabilities, legal claims, and financial penalties.
- By accessing or using this Site or otherwise indicating your consent you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions and the documents referred to in them. If you do not agree with or accept any of these terms, you should cease using the Site immediately. If you have any questions about this website, please contact us.
- “Account” means any user or author account created to access features of the Site, including user login credentials, account history, and all portions of the Site reasonably related.
- “Content” means any text, images, video, audio or other multimedia content, software or other information or material submitted to, subsisting on or accessible from the Site, with the exception of any Research Code.
- “Research Code” means any code, applications, data, or descriptions uploaded by any registered Account to the Site for publication, sharing, sale, or other use through the platform.
- “We,” “us,” or “our” means Science Nest Inc., a company incorporated under the laws of LOCATION.
- “You,” or “your” means the person accessing or using the Site or its Content.
- These terms may also be supplemented or replaced by additional terms (hereafter referred to as “Additional Terms“) relating to specific Content, goods or services made available or supplied by us using the Site. Additional Terms will be made available on relevant pages of the Site and will be accessible by you for review or acceptance before you place an order or request a service. Additional Terms shall prevail to the extent that there is any conflict or inconsistency with any other of these terms.
- This Site is intended for and directed to residents of Canada who are at least 18 years of age. Visitors and users from outside of Canada are invited to use the Site on the condition that they are permitted to do so under the laws and regulations of their jurisdiction. Visitors and users under the age of 18 are only permitted to use the Site with the permission of their parent or legal guardian.
We seek to make this Site as accessible as possible. If you have any problems accessing this Site or the content contained on it, please contact us at email@example.com.
- Restrictions on Use
- The Site is for your personal use only. As a condition of your use of the Site, you accept and agree:
- The Site is provided “as is” and “as available,” without warranty of any kind. Without limiting this, we expressly disclaim all warranties, whether express, implied or statutory, regarding the Site including without limitation any warranty of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title, security, accuracy and non-infringement;
- You will not use the Site for any purpose that is unlawful under applicable law, or prohibited by these terms and conditions;
- You will not upload any illegal content as Research Code;
- You will not upload any content which you do not own or hold the right to license, sell, redistribute, share, transfer, or assign, to the Site as Research Code.
- You will not defame or disparage anybody or make comments of an obscene, derogatory or offensive manner or otherwise use the Site or its Content in a way that brings us or any third party into disrepute or causes us to be liable to any third party;
- You will not reverse engineer, decompile, copy, modify, distribute, transmit, license, sublicense, display, revise, perform, transfer, sell or otherwise make available to any third party or otherwise publish, deep-link, create derivative works from or exploit in any way the Site or its Content except as permitted by us under these terms or as expressly provided under applicable law and/or under any Additional Terms;
- You will not use the Site to distribute viruses or malware or other similar harmful software code;
- You will not use any device, software or routine to interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Site, or any activity conducted on the Site;
- You will not delete or alter any material Science Nest makes available on the Site except as permitted by the functionality on the Site;
- You will not access, tamper with, or use non-public areas of the Site, Science Nest’s (and its hosting company’s) computer systems and infrastructure, or the technical delivery systems of Science Nest’s providers;
- You will not restrict, discourage, or inhibit any person from using the Site;
- You will not gain unauthorized access to the Site or personally identifiable information, or to other computers or websites connected or linked to the Site;
- You will not use the Site, or download any content from the Site (including, without limitation, any software content or results), in order to create a competitive service, and any such use of the Site or the content thereon is expressly prohibited;
- You will not represent or suggest that we endorse any other business, product or service unless we have separately agreed to do so in writing;
- You will not assist or permit any person in engaging in any of the activities described above; and
- You are solely responsible for all costs and expenses you may incur in relation to your use of the Site and shall be solely responsible for keeping your password and other Account details confidential.
- We reserve the right to prevent or suspend your access to the Site if you do not comply with any part of these terms and conditions or any applicable law.
- The Site is for your personal use only. As a condition of your use of the Site, you accept and agree:
- Science Nest Code Database
- The Site provides a platform for authors/vendors to upload Research Code related to academic research and studies so that it may be shared for free or sold at a specified fee to registered users of the Site.
- By registering an Account on the Site you accept and agree as follows:
- You are responsible for the security of your Account, and are fully responsible for all activities that occur through the use of your log-in credentials. You agree to notify us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org if you suspect or know of any unauthorized use of your log-in credentials or any other breach of security with respect to your Account. We will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from unauthorized use of your log-in credentials prior to you notifying us of such unauthorized use or loss of your log-in credentials. Separate log-in credentials may be required to access third-party sites;
- You have provided true, accurate, current, and complete information related to the Account, and will update the information about yourself promptly, and as necessary, to keep it current and accurate;
- We reserve the right in our absolute discretion to disallow, cancel, remove, or reassign any and all Accounts, or portions of said Accounts, immediately without notice to you and without any liability to you or any third party;
- You authorize us to process any transactions you make on your Account, including charging your selected payment method for purchase of chosen goods, products, or services on the Site;
- You accept responsibility for transactions made on your Account and will pay any charges or fees incurred to us promptly;
- You accept that the Site currently uses third-party payment processors for electronic commerce, and that in order to use these payment processors for transactions on the Site you will be required to agree to their terms and conditions of use;
- You acknowledge and agree that Science Nest Inc. and the Site has no control over the third-party payment processors and you waive any and all liability with regard to any fees, disputes, technical issues, problems, losses, or damages you may experience with such third-party processors as a result of using the Site;
- You represent that you are the legal owner, or properly authorized party, for any payment method and information you provide through your Account;
- You permit us to contact you directly with the information you provide through your Account in order to resolve support issues, notify you of any changes to the Site, and for any other reason that we may have in our absolute discretion;
- You are at least 18 years of age, or if you under the age of 18 but over the age of 13 you have the consent of your parent or legal guardian who is at least 18 years of age;
- IF YOU ARE UNDER 13 YEARS OF AGE, THEN YOU MUST NOT USE OR ACCESS THE SITE AT ANY TIME OR IN ANY MANNER WITHOUT THE CLEAR PERMISSION OF YOUR PARENT OR LEGAL GUARDIAN;
- You have not previously been banned or removed from accessing this Site; and
- You may cancel your Account at any time by contacting us directly at email@example.com.
- By using the Site and submitting any Research Code to be uploaded and available you accept and agree as follows:
- You permit us to upload and display the Research Code on the Site;
- You grant a non-exclusive, perpetual, irrevocable, transferable, royalty-free license to us to store, host, reproduce, execute, publicly display, share, license, and sell as directed, the Research Code and related information on the Site;
- You grant to any party that downloads the Research Code through the Site, whether for free or for a set price, a non-exclusive, perpetual, revocable, nontransferable, nonsublicensable, royalty-free and worldwide license to view, use, reproduce, modify, and create derivative works of the Research Code, except for the transfer or resale of the Research Code to third parties;
- Any Research Code submitted for upload to the Site is subject to our approval process and we reserve the right to reject any submissions at our absolute discretion;
- You accept and agree that you are solely responsible for the content of the Research Code and any claims relating to that Research Code, and that any user, Account, or person that downloads the Research Code through the Site is entering into an agreement to use the Research Code with you;
- You accept and agree that we have no responsibility or obligation to maintain the Research Code in any way, and that any claim by a user, Account, or person using the Site with regards to the Research Code is between you and that party exclusively;
- Any Research Code uploaded on the Site may be removed at any time at our absolute discretion;
- Any Research Code that is listed for sale will be subject to a fee on each sale which shall be paid to Science Nest Inc., and such fee may be amended from time to time at our absolute discretion and will be posted at the following web page: https://www.sciencenest.com/how-much-does-it-cost-to-sell-on-science-nest/
- You indemnify us against any and all damages, liabilities, legal claims, or other financial penalties that may be incurred or arise out of your submission of the Research Code to our Site;
- You waive any and all claim to the percentage or other fees that we collect in connection with the sale of the Research Code, and accept that you have no claim to revenues, profits, goodwill, or other value that is created in the Site or Science Nest Inc.;
- You represent and warrant that any Research Code you supply to us is and shall be your own original work and has been lawfully provided to us and that you have all the necessary consents, licenses, rights, and ownership to provide this to us; and
- You indemnify us against any and all damages, liabilities, legal claims, and other financial penalties that may arise from an infringement claim against any Research Code you upload to the Site;
- By uploading any Research Code or other information that is malicious, not your property, or that you are otherwise prohibited from sharing, disclosing, or selling, you subsequently waive any and all rights to the proceeds of sales related to that Research Code and fully and absolutely indemnify Science Nest Inc. from all related damages and legal action.
- By using the Site to download any Research Code, whether for free or a set price, you accept and agree as follows:
- You are being granted a non-exclusive, perpetual, revocable, nontransferable, nonsublicensable, royalty-free and worldwide license to view, use, reproduce, modify, and create derivative works of the Research Code, except for the transfer or resale of the Research Code to any third parties;
- For greater clarity, you acknowledge and agree that you are not permitted or granted a license in any way to resell, republish, redistribute, and/or repackage the Research Code in any capacity, including on any other platform or website, except with the prior consent of the Research Code author provided in writing;
- The original author and owner of the Research Code reserves the right to withdraw the license being granted to you at any time in their absolute discretion;
- You accept and agree that upon downloading any Research Code you are receiving access to and the rights to use that Research Code from its author, not from Science Nest Inc., and as such the author is solely responsible for the Research Code it provides, the content therein, and any claims that you or any other party may have relating to that Research Code or your use of that Research Code;
- You accept that the author of any Research Code is solely responsible for the content of the Research Code, and that we have no responsibility or obligation to maintain the Research Code in any way;
- You indemnify us for any and all damages, liabilities, legal claims, or other financial penalties that may be incurred or arise out of your download or use of the Research Code;
- You indemnify us for any and all damages, liabilities, legal claims, or other financial penalties that may arise if the Research Code has been submitted unlawfully or by a user without the proper permissions to do so;
- You agree to properly cite the Research Code and any related research paper or academic publications associated with the downloaded Research Code, together with a link to the Research Code on our website, in any publication that is generated based on the downloaded Research Code;
- You covenant that you will not use the Research Code for any unlawful, malicious, abusive, or otherwise damaging purposes;
- You accept and agree that any Research Code purchased or downloaded is “as-is” and that we and any authors/ vendors on the Site have no obligation to issue a refund for any Research Code or other purchases made through the site, and you have no right to a refund, though we reserve the right to issue refunds in our sole and absolute discretion;
- You acknowledge that requests for refunds may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org and should be made within one week of the Research Code purchase, and will be subject to our approval granted at our absolute discretion; and
- We reserve the right to remove the Research Code from the Site and make further download or access to the Research Code impossible at any time and in our absolute discretion, without any notice or refund to you.
- The Site is not a secure means of communication and any information you supply to us is not guaranteed be kept confidential. For that reason, you should not submit or send to us any privileged materials, patentable ideas or patent applications, advertising or marketing suggestions, prototypes or any information, written or oral, which you regard as confidential or commercially sensitive or valuable (hereafter referred to as “Unwanted Submissions“).
- Where our Site enables you to communicate with us and/or other users of the Site, you may not use the Site to transmit harmful or offensive (g., violent, obscene, discriminatory, defamatory or otherwise illegal) communications or material which might otherwise bring us or the Site into disrepute. Although we reserve the right to monitor, edit, review, or remove discussions, chats, postings, transmissions, bulletin boards, and similar communications on the Site from time to time, we are under no obligation to do so and assume no responsibility or liability arising from any Content posted on the Site nor for any error, omission, infringement, defamatory statement, obscenity, or inaccuracy contained in any such information. Our right to use submissions or other material provided by you is non-exclusive, freely transferable and worldwide so you shall be entitled to use your own material yourself subject to applicable law.
- Ownership, Use, and Intellectual Property Rights
- This Site and all intellectual property rights in the Site including without limitation any Content are owned by us and/or our licensors. We and our licensors reserve all our intellectual property rights which include without limitation all copyright, trade-marks, domain names, design rights, database rights, patents and all other intellectual property rights of any kind, whether registered or unregistered anywhere in the world.
- Nothing in these terms and conditions grants you any rights in the Site other than as necessary to enable you to access the Site. You agree not to adjust, to try to circumvent, or delete any intellectual property notices contained on the Site and any digital rights or other security technology embedded or contained within any Site Content.
- Any Research Code uploaded to the Site through the submission process shall remain the intellectual property of its author(s) and we shall not receive any right or other claim to that intellectual property, except for permission and license to use as set out under section 6.
- Procedure for Reporting or Claiming Intellectual Property Infringement
- In order to report any form of intellectual property infringement please contact us at email@example.com and provide the following information in order to facilitate the infringement claim:
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the work(s) that has/have been allegedly infringed;
- Identification of works or materials being infringed, or, if multiple works are covered by a single notification, then a representative list of such works;
- Identification of the specific material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the material;
- Information for how we may contact you, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an electronic mail address at which you may be contacted;
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that the use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
- Upon receiving a report of intellectual property infringement we will:
- disable access to material that we believe to be infringing the intellectual property of a third party by being made available on the Site;
- disable access to all Research Code posted by the author who submitted the allegedly infringing intellectual property to us;
- investigate further in order to determine the nature and truth of the intellectual property infringement;
- notify the author that submitted the allegedly infringing Research Code to the Site and conduct an investigation of the facts in order to determine the veracity of the intellectual property infringement; and
- Enable or permanently remove the allegedly infringing Research Code based on our determination and absolute discretion.
- In order to report any form of intellectual property infringement please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and provide the following information in order to facilitate the infringement claim:
- Accuracy of Information and Availability of the Site
- While we use reasonable efforts to include accurate and up-to-date information on the Site, we do not represent, warrant or promise (whether expressly or by implication) that any Content is or remains available, accurate, complete and up to date, free from bugs, errors or omissions or fit or suitable for any purpose. Any reliance you may place on the information on this Site is at your own risk and we may suspend or terminate operation of the Site at any time at our absolute discretion. Nothing in these terms and conditions shall operate to prejudice any mandatory statutory requirement or your statutory rights. Content on the Site is provided for your general information purposes only and to inform you about us and our products and news, features, services and other websites, which may be of interest. It does not constitute technical, financial or legal advice or any other type of advice and should not be relied on for any purpose.
- While we make commercially reasonable efforts to ensure that the Site is available, we do not represent, warrant, or guarantee in any way the Site’s continued availability at all times or uninterrupted use.
- Hyperlinks and Third Party Sites
- The Site may contain hyperlinks or references to third party websites other than the Site. Any such hyperlinks or references are provided for your convenience only. We have no control over third party websites and accept no responsibility for any content, material, or information contained in them. The display of any hyperlink and reference to any third party website does not constitute an endorsement of such third party’s website, products or services. Your use of a third party site may be governed by the terms and conditions of that third party site.
- Warranties and Limitation of Liability
- You agree that your use of the Site is on an “as available” basis. As stated above, except as otherwise expressly required by applicable law, we make no representations, warranties, conditions, or other terms whether express or implied in relation to the provision of the Site , or any Content on the Site, including without limitation as to completeness, accuracy, currency, quality, or fitness for a particular purpose.
- To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law we exclude all liability, whether arising in contract, tort, breach of statutory duty or otherwise, which we may otherwise have to you as a result of any error or inaccuracies in any Content, the unavailability of the Site for any reason, and any representation or statement made on the Site.
- We will not be liable for any loss or damage we cause which we could not reasonably anticipate when you started using the Site, for example if you lose revenue, salary, profits or reputation as a result of your use of the Site and/or the acts or omissions of any third party such as other users of the Site or any other indirect or consequential loss or damage you may incur in relation to the Site and its Content.
- You agree to indemnify us against any and all damages, liabilities, legal claims, and other financial penalties that may arise in relation to Research Code that is available on the Site, including all claims of intellectual property infringement, fraud, theft, improper use, misappropriation, and loss of profit.
- Under no circumstances shall our aggregate liability to you for any and all claims arising from your use of the Site, including the downloading or use of any Content or Research Code, exceed the amounts you have paid to us in relation to your use of the Site or its Content.
- Notwithstanding any other provision of these terms and conditions we do not exclude or limit our liability for death or personal injury arising from our negligence, for any fraudulent misrepresentation made by us on the Site, or for any other statutory rights which are not capable of being excluded.
- Any exclusions and limitations of liability in these terms shall be subject to the Additional Terms in respect of matters covered by those Additional Terms and as otherwise required by law.
- The Site is controlled and operated by Science Nest Inc. from its offices in Ontario, Canada. Science Nest Inc. makes no representation that materials on the Site are appropriate, lawful or available for use in any locations other than Canada. Those who choose to access or use the Site from locations outside Canada do so on their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws, if and to the extent local laws are applicable.
- The arbitration tribunal shall consist of one arbitrator appointed by our mutual agreement or, in the event of failure to agree within 30 days, either of us may apply to a judge of the Superior Court of Justice (Ontario) to appoint an arbitrator. The arbitrator shall be qualified by education and training to pass upon the particular matter to be decided.
- The arbitration will take place in the City of Waterloo unless otherwise mutually agreed upon.
- The final award of the Arbitrator shall be a condition precedent to an action in any court, and such award shall be final and binding on the parties with no appeal to any court. Both you and we hereby agree to carry out any decision or order of the Arbitrator in good faith.
- These terms are dated 1st of April 2018. No changes to these terms are valid or have any effect unless agreed by us in writing. You understand and accept that we reserve the right to vary these terms and conditions from time to time. Our new terms will be displayed on the Site and by continuing to use and access the Site following such changes, you agree to be bound by any variation made by us. It is your responsibility to check these terms and conditions from time to time to verify such variations.
- Unless otherwise expressly stated in these terms and conditions, all notices from you to us must sent to email@example.com.
- We shall have no liability to you for any breach of these terms caused by any event or circumstance beyond our reasonable control including without limitation strikes, lock-outs and other industrial disputes, breakdown of systems or network access, flood, fire, explosion, or accident.
- If any part of these terms and conditions is unenforceable, including any provision in which we exclude or limit our liability to you, the enforceability of any other part of these terms and conditions will not be affected.
- You may not assign, sub-license, or otherwise transfer any of your rights and obligations in these terms to any other person.
- These terms and conditions shall be exclusively construed in accordance with and governed by the laws of Canada and the province of Ontario.
- Any dispute arising out of these terms and conditions shall be submitted to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of the province of Ontario.
- The parties acknowledge that they have required that these terms and conditions and all related documents be prepared in English. Les parties reconnaissent avoir exigé que la présente convention et tous les documents connexes soient rédigés en anglais.
Privacy Notice Highlights
This Privacy Notice applies to customer information that the Science Nest collects through the website hosted at the domain names of https://www.sciencenest.com and https://www.sciencenest.net. Below are highlights of our personal information handling practices. Click here for our detailed Privacy Notice.
- Information We Collect
We collect your information from the following sources:
- information you give us when you fill out forms, such as credit card purchases, registering for an account, customer service inquiries, and surveys;
- information from other sources, such as companies that help us to update our records; and
- information that we collect automatically when you visit our website, such as information about your browser settings and other information collected through cookies.
- How We Use and Disclose Your Information
- We do not sell or rent your personal information to third parties.
- We use your information to provide products and services and to manage our business op-erations. For example, we use your information in order to bill and complete your orders, answer your inquiries, authenticate you when you sign into online services, prevent loss and fraud, and analyze our business operations and website performance.
- We combine all the information we collect other than information relating to your browsing history.
- We share information with our affiliates who may be outside of Canada and may be subject to laws that are different from those in Canada.
- We use third parties to assist us in our operations. We may share your information with these third parties in order to provide services to you such as membership discounts or shipping.
- Your Choices
You may close your account if you want to withdraw your consent from our further use of your information by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org . We may, however, retain infor-mation about your previous transactions for audit purposes, to ensure the integrity of our data and to fulfill legal requirements.
- How to Contact Us
If you have a privacy question or concern, please contact us at: email@example.com.
Detailed Privacy Notice
In this Privacy Notice, the terms “we”, “our” and “us” mean the Science Nest.
- About Us
This website, found at www.sciencenest.com and www.sciencenest.net, is operated by Science Nest Inc.
If you have a question or complaint about our personal information handling practices, please contact us using our web form using the following link.
- Effective Date and Scope
This Privacy Notice is effective as of 1st of April 2018.
This Privacy Notice governs our practices with respect to personal information we collect through the following websites and online applications:
- What Personal Information Do We Collect?
Personal information is information that identifies you or could be combined by us or our service providers and affiliates with other information to identify you. This information includes your name, personal e-mail address, your home address, your home telephone number, your personal cellphone number, your occupation, place of work, your education and work history, your image, and may include your age, your income and other similar information when associated with you. Personal information may also be information containing details as to whether you have opened our promotional e-mails or how you have used our website, if we can associate that personal information with you. If you are a business customer or prospective business customer, personal information does not include your title, business address, and business telephone number.
We collect personal information from you when you create an account, make a purchase, enter a contest or promotion, communicate with us using our web forms to make a request or ask a question, submit a product review, take a survey or otherwise submit personal information to us with your communication. For example, we will request credit card and other identifying information to process a credit card transaction when you purchase a membership, any research code, or product through our website. We will also ask you for contact information in order to ship your product to you or the recipient that you designate.
We receive personal information about you from other sources. For example, we will receive information from credit card processors regarding whether the credit card details you gave us have been accepted or declined. We will receive information from shipping companies regarding whether the product we shipped was delivered or was undeliverable. We may also acquire information about you from other promotional or marketing companies with whom you shared your information and whom you have allowed to provide information to us.
We may also collect technical information when you visit our website. For example, this information may include the IP address of your computer, which browser you are using to view our site, your operating system, the resolution of your screen, your location, browser language settings, which site you came from, and your searched keywords. This information is used to measure and improve our site. It will not be combined with any other personal information collected through the site.
- How Do We Use Your Personal Information?
We use your information to provide products and services and to manage our business operations. Some examples include:
- to register your account;
- to authenticate you when you log into your account;
- to fulfill your requests for products and services;
- to complete your online purchase transactions;
- to communicate with you about your requests;
- to identify with and track any code you upload, download, purchase, or otherwise view;
- to administer contests and promotions that you participate in;
- to recommend or to offer you other products and services based on your inferred interests;
- to register you for events; and
- to protect the security or integrity of our websites and our business.
- How Long Do We Retain Your Personal Information?
We retain your personal information for as long as it is required to maintain your active account, or perform the purpose for which it was originally submitted. Personal information will be deleted and otherwise securely destroyed when it is no longer needed, except for whatever record may be required by law.
- Personalized Offers and Web Analytics
We also automatically collect information when you visit our website in order to customize your experience. For example, we collect information about what site referred you to our website, your browser type, operating system type and version, language, and your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address. We also collect information about how you browse through our website, including logging the pages you visit and the amount of time you spend on certain pages. We use this in-formation for a number of technical purposes to ensure that our pages load correctly in your browser, as well as to personalize our offers to you. We also use this information to improve our website. For example:
- we use IP addresses to correct pages for your geographical location;
- we log the frequency of visits to certain pages on our website and how visitors navigate through our website in order to detect problems, improve our website and learn about what products and services are of interest to our customers;
- we use information about products that you have clicked on to make suggestions about other products or services that you might be interested in viewing; and
- we track whether certain types of promotional e-mails were opened by you and whether you sought information about a particular product or service in order to make inferences about other products and services you might be interested in.
- Your Ad Choices: Interest-Based Advertising
Our website uses small pixel files (small images) and cookies (small text files) to keep track of your browser so that you will be recognized when you visit other websites where our third-party ad management providers may show you advertisements from us based on your visit to our web-site. Some of these advertisements may be customized to particular products and services that you viewed or they may be based on inferences about products and services that you might be interested in. This is called “interest-based advertising”.
These pixel files and cookies are generally valid for a limited number of days (usually no more than 90 days) and are provided by our ad management providers. We require our ad management providers to participate in the Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada’s Ad Choices Program. Click here to visit the Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada’s Your Ad Choices website where you can find out more information about digital advertising and how you can opt-out of interest-based advertising.
Please note that if you opt-out of interest-based advertising you may still see advertisements from us on other websites. However, they will not be customized based on your browsing history on our website. In addition, we will continue to customize our offers of products and services to you when you are on our website unless you block cookies from our website. If you block cookies on our website, certain functions, such as the “shopping cart” will not function properly because our website must recognize you as you move through the checkout process.
- Regarding Children and Minors
Our website and the services offered on our website are not directed to children under the age of 13 years. We will not knowingly collect personal information about a child under the age of 13.
We do not allow minors (persons who are under the age of majority in their place of residence) to create accounts, make purchases or enter contests or promotions.
- Do We Disclose Your Personal Information to Others?
We may share your personal information with our service providers that help us with our business operations. For example, we may share information about your identity with our corporate sponsors that provide discounts and services based on membership. We share information with service providers who provide us with marketing and promotional services. We require our ser-vice providers to keep your personal information secure. In addition, our service providers may not use or disclose personal information for any purpose other than providing the services on our behalf unless we or they have obtained your consent.
We may transfer any information we have about you in connection with a merger or sale (includ-ing transfers made as part of insolvency or bankruptcy proceedings) involving all or part of our business or as part of a corporate reorganization or stock sale or other change in corporate con-trol.
We may also disclose your personal information if it is necessary for us to collect a debt from you or where we have reason to believe that it is relevant to the investigation or decision to investi-gate a breach of the laws of Canada, a province or territory of Canada, or a foreign jurisdiction, and we are legally permitted to do so.
- Law Enforcement Requests
We will disclose personal information without your knowledge or consent if we receive an order, subpoena, warrant or other legal requirement issued by a court, tribunal, regulator or other per-son with jurisdiction to compel disclosure of your personal information. If we receive a request from a police officer or other law enforcement agency for access to your personal information in the course of an actual or potential investigation, our policy is to require the police officer or law enforcement agency to obtain an order, subpoena or warrant, unless the information is urgently required to prevent serious bodily injury or serious damage to personal property.
- Storage Outside of Canada
Your personal information may be used or stored by us or our service providers outside of Cana-da. We require that our service providers safeguard your personal information. However, if your personal information is used or stored outside of Canada, it will also be subject to the laws of the country in which it is used or stored.
- Preference Centre
If you register for an account, you will have the option to choose what marketing and promotional e-mails and communications you receive from us. You can also store information such as your home and shipping address and credit card information in order to make future purchases faster. You will also be able to review your order history, past product reviews and track shipments.
You can modify your information by logging into your account and making the requested changes. You cannot modify your display name.
You may also choose “close my account” and we will remove your account information from ac-tive use. Any product reviews will be listed as from a “former user”.
If you do not re-activate your account within 90 days, we will permanently delete your account. Please note that we still maintain information that you provided to us for audit purposes or to comply with our legal obligations.
- How Do You Access and Modify Your Personal Information or Make a Complaint?
If you have an account, log in to access and to modify the personal information stored with your account. If you have questions or concerns about other personal information collected by us and would like assistance accessing that information, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- How Do We Protect Your Personal Information?
We take administrative, technical and physical measures to safeguard your personal information against unauthorized access, unauthorized disclosure, theft and misuse. This includes limiting ac-cess of employees to, and the use of, your personal information through the use of passwords and graduated levels of clearance. We do not publish all of our security measures online because this may reduce their effectiveness. We take physical precautions to ensure that the computer servers on which your personal information is stored and archived are secure and that access to such servers is protected. We educate our employees with respect to their obligations to protect your personal information.
Although we take precautions against possible breaches of our security systems, no company can fully eliminate the risks of unauthorized access to your personal information and no website is completely secure. We cannot guarantee that unauthorized access, hacking, data loss or breaches of our security systems will never occur. Accordingly, you should not transmit personal infor-mation to us using our website if you consider that information to be sensitive, or legally privi-leged.
- Links to Third-Party Websites and Social Network Plug-Ins
You may be able to access third-party websites through links available on our websites. You may also connect to social networks such as Facebook, Twitter, and Linkedin. These links are provided for your convenience. We do not have any control over those third-party websites and we do not provide any guarantee that the privacy practices of the hosts of those websites meet our stand-ards. Your use of such third-party websites is at your own risk and will be governed by the privacy policies of those websites and not by this Privacy Notice. Do not transmit personal information using those websites without reading the privacy policies governing those websites.
You may create links between our website and social networking sites. If you do so, we may be able to publish updates about our products and services to your social network account through the links that you establish. You may terminate those links at any time by modifying your social network account.
If you are logged into a social networking site when visiting our page, your visit to our website will be personalized based on your social networking profile.
- Notice to Persons Outside of Canada
This Privacy Notice is governed by the laws of Canada and the Province of Ontario. By submitting personal information to us, you understand that your personal information will be subject to the laws of Canada and Ontario.
In addition to any information that you choose to submit to us, we or selected third parties may use a variety of technologies that store or access information already stored on your personal computer, laptop, tablet, smart phone, or other electronic device whenever you visit or interact with our website.
The Information Collection Technologies
A few of the methods that may be used to store or access information already stored on your device include the following (and in the future other technology and methods may be developed and applied):
- Cookies — a cookie is a text file placed on a device when a user visits a website. Cookies can be temporary (e.g., session) or permanent (e.g., persistent). They can also be first party (e.g., placed by us) or third party (e.g., placed by a third party advertiser or advertisements server);
- Flash cookies — a Flash cookie (or locally shared object) is a data file placed on your device via the Adobe Flash plug-in that may be built-in to or downloaded by you to your device. This can operate across all your browsers;
- HTML5 — HTML5 cookies can be programmed through HTML5 local storage and do not require a plug-in; and
- ETag or entity tag— an opaque identifier assigned by a web server to a specific version of a resource found at a URL that acts as a form of device identifier.
Information About Why We Use These Technologies
We use the technologies above in order to deliver, measure, and improve our website in several ways, including:
- Authentication and Security
- To log you into your Account;
- to protect your security;
- to let you to view content with limited distribution; and
For example, these technologies help authenticate your login information and prevent unauthorized parties from accessing your account. They also let us show you appropriate content through our services.
- To remember information about your browser and your preferences.
For example, cookies help us remember your preferred language or the country that you are in. We can then provide you with content in your preferred language without having to ask you each time you visit the website.
- Analytics and Research
- To help us improve and understand how people use our services; and
- to review the functionality of individual pages.
For example, we may optimize and improve your experience by using cookies to see how you interact with our services, such as when and how often you use them and what links you click on. We may use Google Analytics to assist us with this.
- Personalized Content
- To customize our services with more relevant content.
- To help us deliver ads, measure their performance, and make them more relevant to you based on criteria like your preferences and visits to our ad partners’ websites.
Third-Party Collection of Information
We have provided you with information above about the types of third party information storage or gathering techniques on our website. This information does not apply to applications, technologies, or sites that are owned and/or operated by other parties (such as app developers, third party advertisers or third party ad servers), even if they use our technology to store or collect data. This includes third parties that embed our technology in their apps or advertisements to facilitate download tracking or advertisement serving.
Your Consent and Your Right to Refuse the Use of Information Collection Technologies
Regular cookies may generally be disabled or removed by tools that are available as part of most commercial browsers, and in some but not all instances can be blocked in the future by selecting certain settings. Each browser you use will need to be set separately and different browsers offer different functionality and options in this regard. These tools may not be effective with regard to Flash cookies or HTML5 cookies. For information on disabling Flash cookies go to Adobe’s website.
Please be aware that if you disable or remove these technologies some parts of our website will not work and that when you revisit our website your ability to limit cookies is subject to your browser settings and limitation.
Science Nest is the first platform that gives researchers the option to license/sell their research code or supporting materials.
Signing up as a researcher on Science Nest is completely free.
For free code, Science Nest is hosting your code for free as well.
If you choose to set a price for your code/supporting materials, Science Nest charges 15% of each selling transaction.
In case the buyer returns the code for any accepted reason, Science Nest will charge the author the PayPal fees.
Please follow the steps below to upload your code:
- Login to your account.
- On the right side of the top menu, click Add Code.
- For the first time only, please fill the remaining registration fields required to show you on our Researchers page.
- In case you choose to provide a price for your code, please provide your PayPal email. This email is used to send your payments. You can skip this field for now and add it later.
- Please read terms and conditions and check I agree.
- Finally, click Register.
Now you can add your first code by filling the information of the research paper associated with the code.
- For the same paper, you can have different code packages. Also, you can have different prices for the same code. For example, you can offer support at a different price. To add a new package or a new price option, just click on “Add File”.
- In case you choose to provide your code with price, Science Nest will send your payment through PayPal e-mail within two weeks of the purchase.